SAP Sales and distribution module handles the sales, delivery and invoicing of a customer. This training covers user transactions, customization, user exits, pricing etc.
Additional Sample videos on SAP SD Training are given below in the respective sections.
Additional Freebies – Along with the training we provide the following additional services.
- One Month of SD functional support (After training, During the practice).
- Interview Tips.
Intended Audience – SAP Sales and distribution ( SD ) is intended for any of the following audience.
- Experienced Business Users who have been working as Sales Executives or Service Executives.
- Experienced ABAP users who wish to get into the functional side of SAP.
- Less than 1 year of experience in SAP Sales & Distribution as a functional consultant.
SAP SD Training Table of Contents
Week 1 ( 7.5 Hours )
- Hour 0 – (Please go through this before attending the Day 1 SAP SD Training Roadmap DEMO )
- What is SAP ?
- SAP GUI Navigation – 2010 Version | ( [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=9wDXoOAQHsc width=640 height=480 anchor=”View Recorded Video”] )
- SAP Architecture
- SAP Physical Architecture
- SAP Logical Architecture
- Hour 1 – SAP SD Training Roadmap – 2011 Version | ( [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=VjMYNor2N_4 width=640 height=480 anchor=”View Recorded Video”] )
- Hour 2 – Introduction to SAP Sales Business Cycle – I ( Order to Cash Cycle ) | | ( [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=h2jj1JBqaFM width=640 height=480 anchor=”View Recorded Video”] )
- Hour 3 – Hands-on Lab
- Hour 4 –Customer Master | ( [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=aCEX7R2Xpgs width=640 height=480 anchor=”View Recorded Demo”] )
- SAP Customer Master Exerise
- SAP Customer Master Exercise ( Simplified Version )
- SAP Customer Master Customization ( SAP Customer Account Group )
- Number Ranges
- Delete Master Data in SAP
- How to Block Master Data in SAP
- How to view Field Changes to the SAP Customer Master Data
- How to Create Customer Groups in SAP
- How to Create SAP Customer Price Lists
- How to Create New Price Groups
- How to Create New Shipping Conditions ( Includes Exercise )
- How to find the different Sales Areas associated with the Customer Master
- Hour 5 – Hands-on Lab
- Hour 6– Material Master | ( [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=o2R8XYWxsmE width=640 height=480 anchor=”View Recorded Demo”] )
- Hour 7 – Hands-on Lab
Test Your Knowledge on the First Week of SAP SD Training by clicking on the link above. Please take this test before proceeding to the next Week. You can ONLY take this test once. So, please ensure that you fully prepare for the test before you attempt it. If you are not able to pass this test, please repeat the covered material. This is a “coded” test – Ask your instructor for the ‘Code’ to be able to take this test.
Week 2 ( 7.5 Hours )
- Hour 8, 9 & 10 – Sales Order Deep Dive – Part 1 – 2011 Version| ( [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=pMFftxfndyE width=640 height=480 anchor=”View Recorded Demo”] )
- Creation with Reference ( Recorded Video )
- Hour 11 – Hands-on Lab
- Hour 12 – Enterprise Structure
- Hour 13 – Hands-on Lab
- Hour 14 & 15 – Sales Document Type Customization
- Sales Document Type Configuration notes
- How to Create new Delivery Blocks
- How to Create new Billing Blocks
- How to Define new Reason for Rejections
- How to Create New Price Lists
- How to Create New Price Groups
- SAP Customer Material Info Record
Week 3 ( 7.5 Hours )
- Hour 17– SAP Sales Item Category Customization
- Hour 18– SAP Schedule Line Category Customization
- Hour 19 – Hands-on
- Hour 20– Delivery & Billing Customization
- Delivery Document Type
- Delivery Item Category
- SAP Billing Document Type
- Accounting Document Linkage
- Hour 21 – Copy Controls
- Hour – 22– Hands on
Week 4 ( 7.5 Hours )
- Hour 23 – SAP Credit Management
- Hour 24 – Hands-on
- Hour 25, 26 – Pricing & Condition Technique Theory
- SAP Condition Technique | ( [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=Iqa6FzuhMkU width=640 height=480 anchor=”View Recorded Video”] )
- SAP Condition Technique – Theory
- SAP Condition Technique – Exercise
- Condition Type
- Access Sequence
- Condition Table
- Field Catalog
- Pricing Procedure
- Condition Records
- Condition Exclusion
- Group Conditions
- Condition Supplements
- Sales Deals & Promotions
- SAP Pricing Exercises – I
- SAP Document Pricing Procedure
- SAP Customer Pricing Procedure
- SAP Price list Type
- Hour 27,28 – Hands-on
- Hour 29 – SAP SD Live Project | ( [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=YuYNd4B4Em0 width=640 height=480 anchor=”View Recorded Video”] )
- Hour 30 – Final Discussion & Closure
Everything below this line is Job Oriented Workshop Material that is ONLY available to Magna Training Students who have signed up for the Advanced SAP SD Training Course. Each of these links will be identified by a superscript with double stars (**). This course is conducted only on weekends at 12 hrs per weekend. The entire duration of the course is 50 hours which runs over 4 weekends. Only students who have done their SAP SD Training from us are eligible for the course. This course includes the following.
Hands-on Workshops in critical areas of SAP ( Pricing, Credit Management etc )
Full-fledged Hands-on SAP Project which includes
How to conduct a SAP Blueprint Workshop
How to Prepare the SAP Blueprint
How to Prepare Functional Specifications
Realization Phase Steps
Perform Cut-over Activities
Full fledged Resume Preparation ( Hands-on Preparation, Validation, ID Creation on Job Portals and Posting )
Most Commonly asked SAP SD Interview Questions ( Discussion )
Practical Guidance on SAP SD Interview Tips
Two Months of on-job support via email
SAP SD Job Oriented Workshop ** ( All links marked with ** are available ONLY to Advanced SAP SD Training students )
All of these Scenarios are based on real time scenarios faced by the trainer and the students in various projects. However, the scenarios can be applied to any client or scenario where suitable and relevant. If you can thoroughly understand the background business scenario and the corresonding configuration and Customization, you can directly use it in your resume or adapt it.
Summary : Magna Computers sells servers and Retail PCs to the same set of customers. The payment terms need to be different based on the value of the line item for better customer ..[more..].
2. Incompletion Log Customization – How to make Fields Mandatory in Sales order **
Summary : Magna Computers (Real Company name will be given ) is into GSA Agreement with the Government of US and hence is prohibited from selling goods to other private customers below a certain price. In order to accomodate this, the legal department .. [more].
Summary : ABC Company (Real Company name will be given) manufactures Power Transformers that can be used in Nuclear Power Plants. When a Customer orders the same, a number of validations needs to be performed before the order can be finally delivered. You have been given the task of creating the different SAP User Statuses. Here are the different phases of .. [more]
Summary : Some scenarios require that you update the Customer Master on a massive level. There are multiple ways to do it depending on the requirement. Here are some business scenarios. Your client has done some re-organization around the way they maintain.. [more]
Summary : Normally, invoices are split based on a fixed set of criteria – Like Reference # , payment terms, payer etc. The way in which invoices are split are controlled by a structure called ZUK and assigned to VBRK-ZUKRI field. This can be controlled using copy control routines. We sill see some business scenarios which require invoice splitting to be controlled via…. [more]
Summary : Proforma Invoices are created in case of export orders to specify the price of the goods moving across the borders. …. [more]
Summary : Typical Production Support Scenarios, tools used in SAP Production support, standard activities in SAP Production support, interview questions related to production support are discussed in …[more]
Summary : ABC Company’s Headquarters has negotiated a deal with HP for a deep discount when any of its branches purchases computers from HP. HP now has to make sure that the underlying relationship has to be translated to pricing discounts.. [more]
10. SAP System Landscape**
Summary : This scenario describes a typical system landscape in one of the projects along with explaining the basics of SAP landscape, transports, test cycles, QA refreshes .. [more]
11. SAP Pricing Type**
Summary : This class will discuss scenarios in companies that require pricing recalculation to happen between documents and how to create new SAP Pricing Types to accommodate repricing in case .. [more]
Summary : This class will discuss the concept of Code Flow, how to open and edit programs, most notable user exits, how to set break point and debugging some..[more]
Summary : This class will discuss the the fundamentals of Database tables, types of tables, how to view the definition and content of tables, list out some important SD database tables, methods to find out the database tables behind..[more]
13. SAP Transfer of Requirements **
Summary : Transfer of Requirements is a cross functional concept between SD-MM and SD-PP. In this class, we will discuss TOR at a much greater level of detail including use cases and project scenarios on..[more]
14. SAP Core Dumps **
Summary : This post will explain what are SAP Core dumps/Short Dumps, illustrate on the system a couple of core dumps and will show you how to analyze core dumps from a functional consultant’s ..[more]
14.SAP System Trace **
Summary : This post will explain why and when to do system trace and will show you how to analyze ST01 Reports from a functional consultant’s ..[more]
Summary : In this class we discuss about advanced concepts in SAP Credit Management like user exits, Credit Management VOFM Routines, business scenarios under which they are used, SAP Notes related to Credit Management..[more]
Summary : SAP Credit Management depends heavily on LIS Structures S066 and S067. In this class, we discuss how the LIS structures are effected by looking at some sample sales, delivery and billing documents. We also check out..[more]
17.SAP Backorder Processing **
Summary : In this class we will discuss SAP backorder Processing with the help of an example sales order, verify the stock situation and perform backorder processing for the material in question and..[more]
18.More SAP User Exits **
Summary : We are going to discuss a scenario where the client requires Free Goods to be added to the Sales Document when the document exceeds certain Net Value. We will explore the user exits..[more]
19. Custom Report Creation & SAP Queries
20. Basic SD Database Tables
- SAP Database Tables | ( [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=EofQPWJBtUY width=640 height=480 anchor=”View Recorded Video”] )
- How to view the Content of SAP Database Tables | ([video_lightbox_youtube video_id=FXvPLVM3APw width=640 height=480 anchor=”View Recorded Video”] )
21. Global Template-based Implementation vs Country Specific Roll-outs
22. SAP Best Practices
23. Upgrade Project Checklist
- What is LSMW
- Why is LSMW used ?
- Advantages of LSMW over standard BDC
- Step by Step, hands-on, LSMW Processing for SAP Customer Master data load into SAP using a Flat data file.
- Precautions to be taken during Cut-over Activities
- EDI Architecture
- EDI Boundaries
- EDI Subsystem
- ALE vs EDI
- Intermediate Document ( SAP IDOC )
- Inbound & Outbound ( Direction )
- RFC Destination
- Partner Profile
- IDOC Structure
- Message Type
- Basic Message Type
- Number Ranges
- IDOC Processing Routines
- IDOC Outbound Triggers
- Output Determination
- ALE Master Data Distribution Scenarios
- RSNASTED Program
- Testing IDOCS
- ERROR Codes
- Reprocessing IDOCs
- ALE for Master Data Distribution
- Master Data Distribution Model
- Master Data Distribution Triggers
- Checking Outbound and Inbound IDOC status
- Adding IDOC Segments
- SAP EDI User Exits
- Basic ALE Setup by Example
- ANSI/X12 to EDIFACT to IDOC Type Mapping ( Message Types to IDOC Types )
- Discussion on Types of Projects
- Stages in each type of Project ( Also touches on SAP’s ASAP Methodology )
- Discuss a Real Project from Beginning to End
SAP SD Full-Fledged Live Project – III ( Enhancements ) **
The following are interview questions faced by our previous students and a compilation of probable interview questions by the trainer. Some of these questions have been collected from various forums to make the life of our students easy. Please answer the questions and compare your answers against the others to see what you are missing. For General SAP Interview Questions – Tips & Tricks * click through the link.
SAP SD Resume Preparation Tips
* Available ONLY to students of Magna Training. The rest of the material in this page is available to the general public.
The contact details ( Name, email and Phone Numbers ) of the students are provided in a protected page. Only the students who gave consent to share their contact details have been uploaded and only those students will get access to these details. If you wish to be removed from the page, please send us an email.
* – Available ONLY to our SAP SD Training students
Additional concepts & Reference Material ( Will NOT be covered )
These concepts will not be covered in our regular SAP SD Training class, but after completing the full-fledged training, you now have the necessary background to finish these on your own. If you have questions as usual, please post your questions.
- Route Determination
- Incompletion Log
- Text Determination
- Material Listing/Exclusion
- Plant Determination
- Shipping Point Determination
- Storage Location Determination
- Delivery and Transportation Scheduling in SAP
- SAP Availability Check Basics
- SAP Billing Plans ( Periodic Billing & Milestone Billing )
- How to reverse a Post Goods Issue in SAP ( PGI Reversal )
- Contracts in SAP
- Contracts in SAP Exercise
- SAP Status Profile ( Notes)
- SAP Status Profile ( Slideshow and Exercises )
- SAP Consignments ( Including Exercises )
- Scale Basis in SAP Pricing
- SAP PricingHeader Conditions vs Item Conditions
- Output Determination
- Account Determination
- Revenue Account Determination
- Reconciliation Account Determination
- How to create new Customer Account Assignment Group
- How to crate new Material Account Assignment Group
- Material Account Determination ( OBYC )
- Standard SAP Reports in SAP SD
- SAP SD Certification Questions
- SAP SD Blueprint Documents
- Sample SAP SD Blueprint 1
- SAP SD Professional Resume Preparation
- SAP Resume Preparation Tips
- SAP SD Job Requirements
Optional SAP SD Training & Troubleshooting Material ( Useful during your Practice for troubleshooting errors. I will refer you to the respective sections in the class when you encounter commonly occuring and well documented problems. )
- How to view Material Documents in SAP *
- How to input Stock into SAP Plant *
- How to view/edit Factory Calendar in SAP *
- How to pick goods in the warehouse when the picked quantity is grayed out in SAP *
- PGI without entering picked quantity in the delivery *
- How to create a new Transport Request *
- How to enable Sort Key in SAP for sorting drop down lists *
- How to open new Posting Periods in SAP MM ( MMPV ) *
- Most commonly used Transaction Codes in SAP SD *
- Not able to do PGI because of error -Number Ranges for Trans./Event type WL in year xxxx does not exist
- Not able to post SAP Billing Documents because of closed posting periods
- Not able to create a billing document – SAP Item category TA TAN cannot be invoiced with billing type F2
- SAP Asks for Package when trying to save the SAP Pricing Condition Table
- Material is not Defined for the Sales Org, distribution channel and division
- SAP Material Account Determination Error
- Partner Function Error during Customer Master Creation for new Customer Account Groups
- How to find out the relationship between Transaction code and Program in SAP
- How to find out the Customizing Menu path for a particular Field in SAP screen
- No Schedule Lines Due for Delivery upto the selected date.
- SAP Order is incomplete – maintain Order
- Not able to create a Billing Document in SAP
- How to Delete Line Items from an SAP Delivery Document.
- Field Assignment has not yet been made – Warning message when assigning fields in the SAP Pricing Access Sequence
- Errors while creating SAP Company Code ( As part of SAP SD Enterprise Structure creation)
- What is SAP Transport Request
- Material is not defined for Sales Org, distribution channel , language DE
- How to check the Accounting Documents generated for an SAP Delivery PGI ?
- How to send a message to another user when that user is locking a Particular Transaction for a long time ( TH_POPUP Function Module ) ?
- How to create an SAP Sales Order with reference to more than one Quotation ?
- Number Ranges for SAP Transaction Type / Event WA in year does not exist
- Sales Area Not Defined For Customers error while creating Customer Master in SAP
- How to Change the Name and Address of an Organizational Element after copying from 0001 in SAP.
- How to view the incompletion log after the transaction has been saved ?
- How to fix – ‘No Pricing Procedure could be determined’ error in Sales Order ?
- How to view Material documents in SAP ?
- How to add Serial Numbers in SAP Delivery ( Serial Number Profile ) ?
- Communication Error with External tax system ( VERTEX_MS0018 )