Here are more exercises on SAP Pricing for students of our SAP Training March 2011 Batch. This will complement other SAP Pricing Training exercises. As usual, refer back to the condition technique slideshow that has been discussed in the class to solve this exercise. The menu paths to configure all the pricing elements ( 7 steps ) is available at SAP Pricing Condition Technique Exercise
Pricing Master Data Required : The following master data needs to be created to complete this exercise. Please do not proceed further without successfully creating these. You can always refer back to the respective links to know more about creating them.
- Create a SAP Customer master exactly similar to 1400 – say 123456
- Create a new SAP Document Pricing Procedure. It’s just 1 character, so please ensure you don’t tread on other students.
- Create a new SAP Customer Pricing Procedure. Once again its just 1 character, so please be careful.
If you are confident you can use an existing pricing procedure, please use it.
Other Configuration : Please finish the following configuration as well.
- Create a new SAP Sales Document type ( as a copy of OR ) – say ZYYY
- Create a new SAP item category ( as a copy of TAN ) – say ZXXX
- Make sure the following combination exists .
- ZYYY + NORM = ZXXX
Business Scenario : ABC Computers wants to price its desktop range of products ( material group 00200 ) and has decided on the following Logic. All prices are in USD.
Logic : First pricing should be checked for Customer-Material Combination. If such a price is not found, then look for customer group specific price for the material ( ie. if the material is found under a certain customer group, then select that price list ). If such a price is also not found, then default to the Base Price List. Find below the examples of their price lists. Please understand that these Price lists are different from the SAP Pricelist type field in the SAP Customer Master.
Base Price List
Customer Specific Price List
|Material||Customer ( sold-to )||Price|
SAP Customer Group Specific Price List
Question 1 : Configure an SAP Pricing Condition type and corresponding SAP Access Sequence and associate it to the SAP Pricing Condition tables that can cater to the scenario above and provide the following
- The SAP Pricing Condition type you have configured
- The SAP Access Sequence you have configured
- The SAP Pricing Condition tables you have configured
Question 2 : Configure a new SAP Pricing Procedure and include the configuration you have done on Q.1 above
- Provide the SAP Pricing Procedure you have created
Question 3 : Configure the SAP Pricing Procedure Determination so that for Customer 123456, when a sales order of type ZYYY is created, the pricing procedure will be determined. List the configuration to do the same below.
Question 4 : Create an SAP Sales Order and ensure that the pricing procedure has been determined
- Give the SAP Sales Order Number
- How did you determine in the transaction that the pricing procedure you have configured is being used in the transaction ?