In today’s SAP SD Training class we discussed the SAP Sales Item Category in detail. Here is a brief summary of our discussion.
Summary : Quite similar to the way the Sales document type controls the document behavior, the item category controls the item behavior. Here are some of the important properties of the item category that we have discussed in detail along with demos on each of the property .
- Billing Relevance
- Pricing Relevance
- If Schedule Lines are Allowed or not ?
- Credit Management Relevance
- If the item is Special Stock – ( For example, Consignments )
- and a whole host of other determination procedures that will be discussed in later classes.
The menu path to configure sales item categories is
[ SPRO -> IMG -> Sales & Distribution -> Sales -> Sales Documents -> Sales Document Item -> Define Item Categories ] .
The Transaction code to configure the same is [VOV7] . More details on SAP Item Category here.
- Describe in your own words the significance of “Completion Rule” with an example document you have created in the system ?
- Create a new item category Zxxx as a copy of TAN and set the billing relevance to ‘blank’.
- Create a new Sales Doc Type Zyyy as a copy of OR.
- Do the corresponding determination for the new item category (Zxxx) in such a way that you can change the item category for the Sales Doc Type Zyyy for material ‘M-01’ . Create a new order, perform the delivery and subsequent billing. Give the SAP Sales Order # , SAP Delivery # and SAP Billing #.
- Describe in your own words the kind of items where you would set the billing relevance to ‘blank’ ?
- Create a Return Order ( ‘RE’ ) and write down the item category for material ‘M-01’ ?
- Write down the key differences in the configuration between SAP Sales Item category ‘TAN’ and the item category you noted down in Q. 7 above ?
- What is the value in the ‘Pricing’ configuration field of the item category you created in Q. 2 ?
- Create a Sales Order for Customer 1400 (or 1000 or your own customer master), material M-01 using the item category you have created in Q.2 and write down the SAP pricing conditions you see in the sales order ?
- Change the Pricing Relevance of the item category ( Zxxx ) to ‘B’ and create another sales order that uses this sales item category and write down the pricing conditions you see in the sales order ?
- Change the Pricing Relevance of the item category ( Zxxx ) to ‘blank’ and create another sales order that uses this sales item category and write down the pricing conditions you see in the sales order ?
- What is the difference between the pricing conditions you see between Q.10 and Q.11 ?
- In your own words, describe the use of billing block ?
- What is the SAP standard item category for Service ?
- Describe the key configuration differences between the item category ‘TAN’ and the item category in Q. 14 ?
- Create your own copies ( Zxxx ) of the following SAP standard item categories.
- Without using a BOM, configure the Honda CR-V business scenario using a sales order based on we have discussed in the class. Specify the Order # you have created. Use the sales item categories you have created in Q. 14 above. Choose the following products instead of the different parts discussed.
- M-01 for Model-Lx
- M-02 for Alloy Wheels
- M-03 for Heated Seats
- M-04 for Seat Covers
- M-05 for 3-year warranty
If you are interested in SAP SD Training or SAP Training in any other module of SAP ( SAP CRM Training, SAP FICO Training, SAP BW Training, SAP HR Training, SAP ABAP Training etc ) , please follow the respective links above.