In today’s SAP SD Training class, we have discussed the business significance of SAP Schedule line category and the important controls behind them. If you are interested in SAP CRM Training, please click on the respective link to get more details.
Summary : We have discussed the following most important controls behind a schedule line category and have seen working demos for the same in the SAP system. We have also discussed the SAP Schedule line category determination, the fields involved (Sales Item Category and MRP Type ) and the source for the same fields.
- Delivery Block
- Movement Type
- Delivery Relevance
- Purchase Order Type ( For external Procurement )
- Requirements Transfer to MRP
- Availability Check
The Menu path to configure the SAP Schedule Line Category is [ spro -> IMG -> Sales & Distribution -> Sales -> Sales Documents -> Schedule Lines ] or use the Transaction code [ VOV6 ]. Detailed notes on SAP Schedule Line Category are available .
- Configure a new schedule line category say ‘Zx’ as a copy of the standard schedule line category ‘CP’ ?
- Configure the schedule line category ‘Zx’ you have created in Q.1 above to be determined manually for sales item category TAN and material M-01.
- Create a standard sales order for a material M-01 and change the schedule line category to ‘Zx’ and write down the standard order
- Create a material similar to M-01 using the SAP Material Master ( This time without a MRP Type ) and create another standard order with the new material and identify the schedule line category determined by default. Explain the reasons for the determination. ( Hint: If the material is not in the SAP Material Listing and Exclusion, please add the same)
- Deliver the order you have created in Q. 4 above and write down the Movement type associated with the corresponding item in the delivery .
- Give the goods movement type associated with the SAP Sales Order # 4969 , Item No. 10
- Can you determine if the line item.10 of the Sales Order # 4969 is externally procured or sent from our own warehouse ? Give the reasons for your answer.
- Can you find out the Movement type associated with Line Item. 10 of the SAP Sales Order # 4969 directly from the Sales Order without going to the Goods Issue Document ?