We have discussed in detail the following aspects of SAP Customer Account Group
- Business importance of Customer Account Group
- What is a Field Status Group ?
- What is a Field Indicator ?
Menu path for configuring the SAP Customer Account Group
[ spro -> IMG -> Logistics General -> Business Partner -> Customers -> Control -> Define Account Groups and Field Selection for Customers ]
We have also discussed an example of how to make the name field optional based on setting the field indicator of the respective field status group in the Customer Account Group 0001.
Scenario 1 : The Sales team has been creating customers right left and center and through the team, there were some errors that the Sales Power user has consistently observed.
- The Customer Account Assignment Group has been left out most of the time, which is causing issues with Accounting.
- The Price Group has been left out most of the time, which is causing issues during Pricing.
The Sales Power user has asked you to configure the system in such a way that for the Customer Account group ZXXX, always ensure that the fields mentioned above are always filled up.
Question 1 : Create a new Customer Group ZXXX ( Choose any value for XXX ) which is a copy of 0001 ( The regular Sold-to that we have been using )
Question 2 : Change the Customer Account Group ZXXX to ensure that the above problem stated above is fixed.
Question 3 : Test the Customer Master Numbers created with the above Customer Account group you have created and post examples of the same.