This post talks about the enterprise structure in SAP SD Training for the Jan 2011 batch. It also provides all the necessary configuration steps required to do the configuration along with the visual representation of the structure. For other SAP Training modules , please visit our Magna Training home page . You would also need SAP Access to practice on these questions. You can get SAP Access from our preferred vendor.
Simplified Visual Representation of the Enterprise Structure in SAP SD
Please go ahead and create the enterprise structure as discussed in the class today. The company code that we will be using is 1000 for this exercise. The configuration steps are defined at SAP SD Enterprise Structure Configuration Steps .(Scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the configuration steps )
Please answer the questions in this forum as comments.
Write down the Organization Elements that you have created.
- Sales Organization ( eg. if you have created WEST , list it as WEST against the Sales Organization )
- Distribution Channel
- Sales Office
- Sales Group
- Storage Location
- Shipping Point
Also write down the assignments that you have created
- Plant to Company code ( eg., if you have created a Plant of ARKA , list it as ARKA plant assigned to company code 1000 )
- Sales Organization to company code
- Distribution channel to Sales Organization
- Division to Sales Organization
- The Sales area you have set up
- Sales Office to Sales Area
- Sales Group to Sales Area
- Sales Organization + Distribution Channel to Plant
- Warehouse Number to Plant/Storage Location
- Shipping Point to Plant.
More quiz questions
- Can you assign multiple company codes to a Sales Organization ? If not why ?
- Can you assign multiple Sales Organizations to a company code ? If yes, give a business scenario.
- Can you assign multiple distribution channels to a Sales Organization ? If yes, give a business scenario which would require such an assignment.
- Can you assign multiple divisions to a sales organization ? If yes, give a business scenario which would require such an assignment.
- Can you set up multiple Sales Areas using the same Sales Organization ? ( For example, can you set up 1000/01/01 and also 1000/10/01 ? )
- Can you assign a single sales office to multiple sales areas ? If yes, why would you want to do that ?
- Can a sales group belong to multiple sales offices ? If yes, give a business scenario which would require it
- Can the same shipping point belong to multiple plants ?