SAP SD Training batch Jan 2011 – Order to Cash cycle

Recorded Videos of the Order To Cash Cycle Class Below.( View in Full Screen for High Definition )

Scenario – 1 : Assume your are a sales employee at Magna Training, handling customer requests for SAP Training. Some customer is looking for SAP SD Training. He  want to first find out some good vendors out there in the market. He has sent out an RFI to Magna Training for SAP SD Training. Assume, Magna Training uses SAP to handle their customers.  ( Use Customer 1400 and assume material M-01 is SAP SD Training ). Please list out the SAP Document #s as part of the answers

Question 1 :  You have got an RFI for SAP SD Training.  Create an Inquiry in the system for SAP SD Training

Question 2 : The customer has responded to the RFI and requested a formal quotation for the same. Create a quotation. ( For help, visit How to create a a quotation in SAP )

Question 3 : The customer liked Magna Training’s quote and wants to place an order for SAP SD Training. How to create a sales order in SAP ? Give the Order Number for the same that you have created.

Question 4 : Delivery the order you just created in Question : 3

Question 5 : Bill the order you just created

Question 6 : Another customer wants to take 6 SAP trainings from Magna Training. However, he wants to lock in a price of $600 for 9 months. Create a contract for the same with a validity period of 1 month

Question 7 : Create a release order for the contract you created in question 6

Question 8 : Another customer wants to take 6 SAP Trainings from Magna Training – The first one in Jan , the second in Feb , the third in March etc. Create a scheduling agreement for the same

Question 9 : Delivery the schedule agreement you created in question 8

97 thoughts on “SAP SD Training batch Jan 2011 – Order to Cash cycle

1. srijyo says:

Q1) Inquiry Doc # 10000017
    Q2) Quotation Doc # 20000082 , valid until 01/31/2011.
    Q3) Order # 13101
    Q4) Delivery Doc # 80015912
    Q5) Billing Doc # 90036903
    Q6) Contract Doc # 4000020, Valid until 02/27/2011. Note: couldn’t change the price. I will discuss in the class.
    Q7) Release Order Doc # 13102
    Q8) Scheduling Agreement Doc # 30000054
    Q9) Scheduling Agreement Delivery Doc # 80015913. Completed delivery for Jan.

2. Ehsan says:

Siva,
    this my answers to first 6 questions.
    inq # 10000020
    qt # 20000084
    or# 13103
    del #80015914
    Billing # 90036904
    value contract # 40000205

but I am not sure what do with next . In fact i am not sure if I handled q # 6 right. yes I did get contract number some how. but I am not sure if i did correctly. for example…” contract type”
    i just picked ..WK1…from list without any reason….then on next stage it asked me..with or with ref..i had no answer….somehow i got to next screen and under item review I put 600..don’t know why..may be i was trying to match your contract price discount…so some how I saved it but i don’t know how. I got the contract #. I am also confused about about your question…..you said this contract was good for 9 months..and then asked to create release order with the validty of 1 month. why? if it is valid for 9 month..obviously its valid for one month too. I have not tried yet q # 8 and 9.

3. Magna Training says:

Good job guyz. Congrats – You just finished your first sap training assignment

Yes Ehsaan, you did it right. Next time, if you want to create a general contract, use document type QC ( which stands for Quantity Contract ). You can in fact use other contract types as well – Like QP,SC etc. However , in order to use WK2 you need an assortment module. We will discuss more on this during our contracts class , which is still due.

When I said the contract is good for 9 months, that means, you should create the contract with the start date as today and end date as 9 months from now. Did you do that..?

Scheduling agreement is still pending. So don’t worry yet.

Trainer
    Sap SD Training

4. Ehsan says:

HI SIVA,

TRIED TO CREATE ANOTHER PRACTICE ORDER WITH REF.
    QTY 100, ITEM M-02
    SUCESSFULLY CREATED THE FOLLOWING:
    inq # 10000021
    qt # 20000085. (QT WAS VALID FOR ONE DAY,WHICH WAS 30/01/2011)
    BUT NEXT DAY WHEN I TRIED TO ADD SALES ORDER AND I SEARCHED FOR QT # I COULD NOT FIND IT..(WHY?)
    SINCE I KNEW THE QT NUMBER, SO I TRIED TO CREATE AN ORDER ANYWAY BY ENTERING THE QT #.
    IT SAID “REF NUMBER WAS VALID ONLY UNTIL 30.01.2011.
    EVEN THOUGH SYSTEM INITIALLY CREATED REQ DEL DATE 31.01.2011.
    ( SIDE QUESTION….HOW AND WHY THIS DATE?…IS IT BASED ON MASTER DATA IN MM FOR MRP…RIGHT? )
    THEN TRIED BY CHANGING THE VALIDITITY DATE FOR QUOTE TO 12.2.2011.
    ( ANOTHER SIDE QUESTION..WHY SOMETIME FIELLDS TURNS BLUE COLOR, WAS I SUCESSFULL IN
    CHANGING DATE? ) THEN I TRIED TO CREATE AGAIN AN ORDER AND THIS IS WHAT I GOT.

“CREATE SALE ORDER DOCUMENT NOT ALLOWED.(USER STATUS )
    Napp, objectvb200000850000

THEN I TRIED NEXT SENARIO:
    SALES order without ref.
    OR # 13108
    SALES ORDER WAS CREATED SUCESSFULLY. BUT THEN:
    IT WOULD NOT LET ME CREATE DELIVERY BASED UPON DELIVERY date ( system picked the del date:
    09.02.2011. AGAIN I AM NOT SURE WHY….MAY BE MRP AGAIN) THIS TIME I PICKED M-01 AND QTY: 10).
    “No schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date ”

I DECIDED to changed delivery date BACK TO 31.1.2011. the msg I GOT IS “THE DEFAULT DATE IS
    NOT COPIED INTO EXISTING SCHDULE LINE”
    ALSO ” REQ DEL DATE” TURNED BLUE COLOR AND DATE ITSELF TURNED RED. AGAIN I AM WONDERING.

5. Magna Training says:

Hi Ehsaan

1. While searching for the quotation ( while creating the order with reference to the quotation ) use the search tab “Sales Document by Customer” as opposed to “Sales Document According to PO Number”. Let me know if you still can’t find it.

2. Quotation validity date is different from Requested Delivery date. They are mutually exclusive.

3. Quotation validity date does not come from the master data. However, the Requested delivery date has a number of parameters that it is based on and will be covered as part of the “Scheduling” class – And yes, there are some parameters from the material master that effects the scheduling and hence the Requested Delivery date.

4. Fields turn blue to indicate that this is the field where the error has occurred. The red color indicates the place where the changes need to happen. Usually when this happens, check the status bar for the error message. This is SAP’s way of forcing you to correct the mistake before proceeding forward. As discussed in the class today – since you have entered an invalid date ( Feb 30th ) , this error has occurred and until you fix it it will not go away. SAP also prohibits you from entering further data until the data is corrected.

5. The “Napp…” error occured because, the original quotation has a status profile that does not allow further order creation. We will discuss this as part of “SAP Status Profile Configuration” class. This happened because of the last batch’s configuration. I have removed it now and you should be able to create quotations without issues going forward.

6. You are not able to create the delivery for SAP Sales Order # 13108 because , the requested delivery date is Feb 9th, 2011 , whereas you were trying to create the delivery on Jan 31st 2011 – Which basically means, the system is not ready yet. The way around it is to create a delivery into the future. We will discuss this in the class on the system where I will show you how to change the delivery date.

7. You have probably changed the delivery date at the header level and the message that the system displayed says that the change has not been propagated to the order’s schedule line. SAP does not encourage changing the Requested delivery date at the header level. Because, SAP would not understand how to handle the change at the schedule line level. It is always advisable to change the schedule at the schedule line level individually after the order has already been saved

6. Ehsan says:

1. QT # 20000085.
    I am unable to creat sales order aagin for the same error msg” cearte sales order not allow ( user status)
    2. in second problem where I was able to create sales order but no delivery date. I changed the delivery date at the line item lever and it worked. i was able to create delivery #80015915. but when i tried to post goods. this erroe msg showed up.
    “posting only possible in periods 2011/01 and 2010/12 in company code 1000”

• Magna Training says:

1. The quotation was created before I changed the configuration in the sales document customization and removed the status profile set-up. Now start creating another new quotation and this time you should not have any issues.
      2. I will fix this issue. The solution to this can be found under SAP MM Posting Periods . Here is what I am doing to fix this. I am going to close the period 12 and keep 01 and 02 ( Jan and Feb 2011 ) Open in transaction MMPV. This is a MM/FICO consultant’s job in real-time. Now you should be able to PGI the delivery .

Please move on to the next assignment – SAP Sales Order Header, Line Item and Schedule Lines

7. yogeuk says:

10000025–inq
    m-01 status discountinued w/o replace (error message)
    20000094—quot
    13146–stan order

taken material M-02
    10000026—inq
    20000095—quot
    13147–sales order
    No schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date
    its not allowing me to create delivery (error message)

**this is for first 5 questions

8. yogeuk says:

taken material M-02
    10000026—inq
    20000095—quot
    13147–sales order

4)80015929 delivery

5)billing? its saying date in the past

6)40000207 contract
    po no 9months

7)release order ?

8)30000056 scheduling agreement
    9)was not able to create delivery in schedule agreement, is some thing wrong in choosing the BL scheduling agreement type

• Magna Training says:

Yogesh

4. If you are trying to bill the delivery ‘80015929’, then the PGI has not been done. You cannot deliver a delivery before the PGI is done for items that require it. Which document are you trying to deliver ?

7. An order created with reference to a Contract in SAP to ‘release’ material/services from a contract is called as a Release Order. This is a business terminology. So to answer Q.7 , you just need to create an order with ref. to a contract.

9. We have not covered Scheduling Agreement yet. If you wish to do it, Choose ‘DS’ as the document type using the t-code = ‘VA31’

10. The scheduling agreement you created requires a delivery schedule. Try to create it using ‘DS’ and let me know.

Trainer
      SAP SD Training

9. Sanjay says:

Hi Siva,
    For Question 6, we tried to create a contract using QC, ZBF01, EC02 but in all the documents we could not find the fields which will allow us to lock the price. Can you please advise if we are looking at the wrong contract types.

• Magna Training says:

When I said’lock the price’ , I meant it in business terms. One of the reasons why contracts are created is because, the customer and the company wants to lock down to a price for a fixed amount of material. There is nothing specific in the SAP pricing screen ( Conditions tab ) that needs to be done.
      Trainer
      SAP SD Training

10. Jeny Koshy says:

1) IN: 10000056

2) QT: 20000145

3) OR: 16283

4) Delivery: I am not able to create billing, error: order cannot be created

5) Billing: since can’t do delivery , can’t do billing either

11. Gabriel says:

HelloSiva,
    What are the Inquiry and Qoutation Type that i need to use. tried to completehe assignment but having problem with docs type hence the error was saying i cannot use or copy a doc type for order.my quotation no is 26002001

• siva says:

Hi Gabriel
      The quotation type that you have created is ZQ01 and ZQ01 does not have the proper configuration to copy over to SAP standard order type OR. We will get to this concept when we visit copy controls. Until then, as I mentioned, please use the following data.

Quotation Document Type : QT
      Sales Order Document Type : OR

Master Data :

Customer Master : 1400 or 7
      Materials : M-01, M-02, M-03, M-04

12. gursh says:

Hello, I am trying to do an inquiry, I have input cust no. dist div codes 1000, 10, 00 code m-01 for the product when I hit enter the system says ‘take minimum order quantity 10pc into account in item 00001. If I then press enter the cursor just goes to the lower level and flashes and I cannot complete the inq. Please advise.

13. gursh says:

Hello Siva.

1) 20000177

2) 20000178

3) 16357

4) says delivery has QM block

5) couldn’t bill because I couldn’t deliver

6) Need a new customer number as 1400 ‘group master contract exists’.

7) Couldn’t do 6

8) Can you direct me to a demo of a sheduling agreement, I don’t think I have covered it.

Thanks

14. Banu says:

1) Cant create inquiry with 1400. It gives an error saying M-01 is not allowed for 1400. But was able to create it for 7, Inquiry # 20000184

2)Quotation # 20000186

3)Order # 16407

4) Delivery # 80016110

5) Contract #40000248

6)Order # 16409. Couldnt deliver bcoz it says order hasnt been picked up completely

15. Gabriel says:

Hello Siva:

I created my sales docs type for S.O and delivery remained in “Being processed”status hence billing cannot be done. Do I need to enter Del Type, From Item and to Item?.

Sales ordr no 16427 and Delivery No 800161123

• magnatrain says:

Hi Gabriel
      Sometimes because of delayed updates, it is possible that you might get an error message like that. You would just have to wait for a couple of seconds and try again.
      Please try it again now , its working . ( I tested it as well )

16. Harsh says:

Hi Siva,

while creating Inquiry and quotation system is asking me to select sale area for customer. I tried couple of options over there but it gives me an error message saying Material M-01 is not defined to sales org 0001

• Siva says:

You have entered the wrong set of customers or materials. Did you choose the Customers and materials I specified in the scenario ?

Please choose them for now, until you can create your own. ( You can do this after we cover the following chapters )

1. SAP Enterprise Structure
      2. SAP Customer Master
      3. SP Material Master
      4. SAP Sales Document Type Configuration

Until then, please use customer 1400, materials , M-01, M-02

17. Mark says:

Hi Siva,

Q1 – Inquiry # 10000006 created
    Q2 – Quotation #20000042 created
    Q3 – Order # 13338 created
    Q4 –

I am unable to create a delivery doc. I am getting the following message: No schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date. What do I need to change to create the delivery.

18. Mark says:

Hi Siva,

I have figured out how to solve the issue with the Delivery creation.

Q4 – Delivery # 80016234 created and Transfer order 0000005046 created

19. Harsh says:

hi Siva i am not able to ship the goods and also not able to bill them. following are the details. please let me know where i went wrong.

Inquiry 10000007 has been saved
    Quotation 20000043 has been saved
    Standard Order 13339 has been saved

Order no : 1339 cannot be delivered
    There are no schedule lines due for the given order item up to the date chosen
    Order no: 1339 cannot be delivered
    No billing documents were generated

Thanks
    Harsh

20. Harsh says:

Hi Siva please discard my previous post.

for order no. 13339

i am not able to generate billing, its giving me the error message as listed below :

item category TA TAN cannot be invoiced with billing type F2

21. Jeny says:

Hi Siva I am Just re- doing the exercises:

1. In: 10000018

2. QT: 2000054

3. OR: 13509

4. & 5.: Delivery and billing I am not able to create the error says: order cannot be delivered long text.

22. Anitha Raja says:

Hi Siva,

I found the class very interesting and easy to understand… i loved the demo class… thankyou for giving me an invite…

I had few doubts…

1.U spoke abt seeing order to cash cycle in B -> B perspective… not to see in B ->C perspective…. I did not understand that part… What is the difference…?

2. I am not clearly able to make out the difference between Inquiry and Quotation…. to me , both looks same

3.U said that the software is already configured by someone, so that u are able to just give minimal amount of data for making an order….
    My question is “who does that configuration for a specific company with specific rates/tax/availability of materials etc…????

4.What is the role of SAP SD consultant…??? to configure OR to make orders and billing like the way u showed us today…???

5. When can I decide to get myself enrolled???

6. How can I try doing the activity you gave us today even before i get enrolled??

23. Gautam says:

Inquiry 10000027/IN has been saved

quotation in SAP )

Quotation 20000088/QT has been saved

Number for the same that you have created.

Standard Order 14368/OR has been saved

Question 4 : Delivery the order you just created in Question : 3

Delivery 80016717 has been saved–(vl02n—post goods issue)

Question 5 : Bill the order you just created

Document 90038829/F2 has been saved(billing—billing document-create)

for the same with a validity period of 1 month

40000256/QC created with Valid from 21.07.2011 and Valid to 21.04.2012.

I have not considered anything related to $600…is that ok?

Question 7 : Create a release order for the contract you created in question 6

Standard Order/Release Order 14369/OR for quantity 1 is created

Standard Order/Release Order 14370/OR for quantity 3 is created

scheduling agreement for the same

as I am trying to create the scheduoing agreement it is givving error related to the ‘net price’..blank..

Question 9 : Delivery the schedule agreement you created in question 8

is it just creating the delivery of the agreement ie Sales Document—->Delivery

24. Zahid Abbas says:

SIVA SIR,

I HAVE CREATED

INQ: 10000031

QT: 20000068

OR: 13716

BUTT WHEN I TRY TO DELIVER IT……THIS IS THE MESSAGE I AM GETTING REPEATEDLY,

DELIVERY SPLIT CUZ OF DIFFERENT SHIPPING POINTS. PLEASE HELP.

25. Chan Phuong says:

Hi Magna,
    Please guide me how to configure to remind end user about exist contract of customer when they create sales order for this sold-to party.

• siva says:

Chan
      With all due respect, this forum is intended for our students ONLY. Sorry, we will not be able to answer questions from the general public. We have limited bandwidth and want to concentrate our efforts on our students.
      Hope you understand.

26. justin says:

hi Siva
    (tried plenty of times got struck with many messages but finally did it)
    question (1 to 5)
    inquiry 10000043
    quotation 20000092
    standard order 14128
    delivery 80016551 (outbound delivery 80016551)
    transfer order
    billing document 90038592

went to inquiry and checked the document flow was impressed.

question with contract and scheduling I don’t have a clue ..

• siva says:

So you are learning 🙂 . Good job. It is this struggle that will result in great learning. Keep the good working going until day 30.

Don’t worry if you are not able to do contracts/scheduling agreements. There will be seperate classes on the same.

27. vivienna says:

Siva,

I have some confusion in “Transfer Order” and need your further assistant.

I have done some exercise in Inquiry — Quoation — Order — Delivery — Transfer Order — Post good Issue — Billing

Can i directly do Delivery then Post Good Issue and Billing without a Transfer Order ?

For my understanding, the Transfer Order is require when the company have control their material in “storage location” in the same plant, so when transfer order is created , mean it will remove the material from same Plant’s storage location to another same plant’s different storage location, am i right ?

Can i treat this Storage location as “BIN location” or “Rack ” for my material ?

Correct me if i am wrong. TQ

Viv

• siva says:

1. If the Transfer Order is mandatory for the delivery line item, then it is Mandatory before doing PGI – Without that Picking cannot happen.
      2. Consider a Transfer Order like an authorized Txn that generates the material document that does the proper posting required for the WH – It is NOT transferring from one SL to another. It is transferring material out of the WH to the staging area for further processing. And any transfer of goods ( either inside the WH from one rack to another or goods going inside/outside the WH ) needs to be documented using a TO

28. vivienna says:

Siva,

I have done the Order and also delivery order with reference to Sales Order, now in the delivery order#80016589 i need to do the packing for this D/O, i go to transaction code HUPAST to do the packing with reference to Delivery, but there is a msg showing “System Could not find the handling unit or packaging material” where can i do the setup for this material ? Pls Adv

29. Purva says:

hi Siva

I had to try tons of times got stuck with many different messages and was able to work on questions 1 through 4
    In the create order if threw a lot of errors for the SU (unit) = PAL. I do not know what that means

question (1 to 4)
    17000001= Inquiry number
    20000121= Quotation number
    PO# = test order for siva for magna
    14594= order number
    80016749= delivery number

I was unable to create a transfer order or billing document
    When i try to create a billing document it tells me the order status is incomplete.

I am also not able to check the document flow.

Also i have not worked on the questions regarding contract and scheduling as we have not covered that material in the sessions yet.

The server also keeps logging me off every few minutes- does it time out?

Thanks much!

Quantity Contract 40000258 has been saved

Question 7 : Create a release order for the contract you created in question 6

Standard Order 14751 has been save

Scheduling Agreement 30000054 has been saved

31. Armando says:

Scenario – 1 :

Q1 : You have got an RFI for SAP SD Training. Create an Inquiry in the system for SAP SD Training
    Ans:
    IN: 10000082 has being created.
    Sales Area: 1000/01/00

Q2 : The customer has responded to the RFI and requested a formal quotation for the same. Create a quotation.
    Ans:
    QT: 20000146 has being created with reference to previous Inquiry.

Q3 : The customer liked Magna Training’s quote and wants to place an order for SAP SD Training.
    Ans:

IN: 0010000085
    QT: 0020000150
    OR: 14947
    QC: NOT COVER yet.

Question 7 : Create a release order for the contract you created in question 6
    Ans: NOT COVER YET

the third in March etc. Create a scheduling agreement for the same
    Ans: NOT COVER YET

Question 9 : Delivery the schedule agreement you created in question 8
    Ans: NOT COVER YET

32. Radha Krishna says:

1. Inquiry 10000086
    2. Quotation 20000151
    3. Standard order 14956
    4. Delivery 80016884
    5. Billing document 90038592
    No billing documents were generated (processing status incorrect)

33. Edward Emmory says:

34. Karthik says:

Hi Siva,
    Customer number: 1200
    Shipping point: 1200
    Plant :1200
    Sales area : 1000/10/00

Question 1: You have got an RFI for SAP SD Training. Create an Inquiry in the system for SAP SD Training  Answer 1: 10000007 (IN)

Question 2: The customer has responded to the RFI and requested a formal quotation for the same. Create a quotation. Answer 2: 20000045(QT)

Answer 3: 13394(OR)

Question 4: Delivery the order you just created in Question: 3 Answer 4: Stuck in delivery creation because of picked quantity is grayed out. 80016254. Got information from older magnatraining posts. [Solution : This is happening because, Warehouse Management is enabled for the corresponding Plant’s storage location. The immediate and only solution to this is to create a “Transfer Order” in SAP]
    Transfer order number 0000005051.

Question 5: Bill the order you just created
    Answer 5: 90038089(F2)

Regards,
    Karthik.

35. RAJESH says:

Answer: 10000006

Answer: 20000016

Answer: 11763

Question 4 : Delivery the order you just created in Question : 3
    Answer: 80014988.. while creating delivery i had a pop up stating pricing procedure not completed.

Question 5 : Bill the order you just created
    Answer: error( no billing document was generated.

• Lukesh says:

Rajesh, you seem to have different material, customer for all your Inquiries, Quotations and sales Order.. Any particular reason??

I was trying to use 1400, M-01 but it kept failing while trying to create deliveries..

Lukesh

36. Lukesh says:

Tried multiple customers/material combinations but without being able to complete the whole cycle.. infact couldn’t deliver anything..

I hope we learn to fix these in subsequent sessions..

lukesh

37. Muthu says:

Inquiry : 10000015
    Qoutation : 20000055
    Orer: 135022 (1000/10/00) ,135023
    Delivery : 80016290 /0080016291
    TO : 0000005071
    Billing doc :Msg as per log ” could not create .Item category TA TAN cannot be invoiced with billing type F2″. But got the answer from one of your recorded videos.
    90038103 created.

38. Vijay says:

Hi Siva,

The links in this page to
    How to create a a quotation in SAP ,How to create a sales order in SAP
    are not working. Pls help check

Thanks
    Vijay

39. Varughese Thomas says:

Hi Siva,

Q1) Inquiry Doc # 10000016
    Q2) Quotation Doc # 20000061
    Q3) Standard Order # 135046
    Q4) Delivery # 80016303

Had issue with going further, while trying to do Goods Issue got the error message “Delivery has not been put away / picked completely”

Q5) Billing Doc – Not generated yet

Q6) Contract QC # 40000218, Did not handle the $600 for 9 months part yet. Need to understand how to do this.
    Q7) Release Order # 135050
    Q8) Scheduling Agreement # 30000054
    Q9) Scheduling Agreement Delivery # 80016304 for schedule line 1

• siva says:

Varughese,
      You did NOT PGI the Delivery. Remember that a Delivery Documents needs to be technically complete in order to process it further. As discussed in the class, a Delivery needs to be picked and PGIed to be technically complete. Try doing the PGI and then do the billing part.

• Varughese Thomas says:

Siva,
        This is where I am having issue. I am not able to do PGI. Which transaction should I use? I tried doing a Transfer Ordeer and it is asking for a Warehouse?
        Thanks,
        Varughese

40. Chetan Unni says:

Hi Siva,

I’m having the below error when I’m trying to create the Billing Document(F2).
    Error: 0000135067 000010 Item category TA TAN cannot be invoiced with billing type F2

I looked into the Document Flow and the Outbound delivery still says “Being Processed”, Is this due to the Material availability?

Sales Order: 135067

Please let me know.

Thanks
    Chetan

Thanks
    Chetan

• Chetan Unni says:

Hello Siva,

I found another video where you have explained that the Billing document has to be created w.r.t delivery and not Sales Order based on the Item Category used.

I was able to create the Billing Document

Thanks
      Chetan

41. Chetan Unni says:

Scenario 1: Assume you are a sales employee at Magna Training, handling customer requests for SAP Training. Some customer is looking for SAP SD Training. He wants to first find out some good vendors out there in the market. He has sent out an RFI to Magna Training for SAP SD Training. Assume, Magna Training uses SAP to handle their customers. (Use Customer 1400 and assume material M-01 is SAP SD Training). Please list out the SAP Document #s as part of the answers

Inquiry is created with respect to Request for Information (RFI) from Customer
    T-Code: VA11
    Inquiry Type: IN
    Sales Org/Distribution Channel/Division: 1000/10/00
    Sold-To-Party: 1000
    Ship-To-Party: 1000
    Inquiry#: 10000017

Question 2: The customer has responded to the RFI and requested a formal quotation for the same. Create a quotation. (For help, visit How to create a quotation in SAP)

Quotation is created with respect to Request for Quotation (RFQ) from Customer
    T-Code: VA21
    Quotation Type: QT
    Sales Org/Distribution Channel/Division: 1000/10/00
    Sold-To-Party: 1000
    Ship-To-Party: 1000
    Quotation#: 20000062
    The Valid from – Valid to Date is required for a Quotation (3 Months)
    Created the Quotation with reference to the Inquiry: 10000017

Question 3: The customer liked Magna Training’s quote and wants to place an order for SAP SD Training. How to create a Sales Order in SAP? Give the Order Number for the same that you have created.

Sales Order is created with reference to the Quotation from MAGNA Training to the Customer. Customer liked the Quote and wants to pursue the Training.
    T-Code: VA01
    Sales Order Type: OR
    Sales Org/Distribution Channel/Division: 1000/10/00
    Sold-To-Party: 1000
    Ship-To-Party: 1000
    Sales Order #: 135067
    Created the Sales Order with reference to the Quotation: 20000062
    Clicked the “Item Selection” to bring in the Line Items/Change the Quantity and copied the line items to the Sales order from quotation.

Question 4: Delivery the order you just created in Question: 3
    Go to Sales Document Tab –> Click on “Deliver”, the control is taken to the Transaction VL01N –> Create Outbound Delivery and the information from the Sales Order is pre-populated.

Delivery#: 0080016312 has been created in the system
    The “Overall WM Status” was set to “A” – Hence created a Transfer Order from VL10n via Subsequent Functions –> Create Transfer Order and pressed “Enter” where ever required.
    Transfer order#: 0000005079 created in the system
    Did a Post Goods Issue: Material Document 4900000092 created in the system

Question 5: Bill the order you just created

T-Code: VF01
    Billing Document Type: F2
    Sales Org/Distribution Channel/Division: 1000/10/00
    Sold-To-Party: 1000
    Ship-To-Party: 1000
    Billing Document (Invoice #): 90038110
    Billing Document is created from a Delivery Document (based on the Line Item Category), The Line Item Category TAN has the Billing Relevance Set to “A” – which is delivery-related billing document

Question 6: Another customer wants to take 6 SAP trainings from Magna Training. However, he wants to lock in a price of $600 for 9 months. Create a contract for the same with a validity period of 1 month

T-Code: VA41
    Note: PO number is required
    Hence, the Customer can use the same Contract for 6 SAP trainings @ $600

Question 7: Create a release order for the contract you created in question 6
    Release Order Type: OR
    Release Order: 135070 created in the system
    Created Release Order with reference to the Quantity Contract: 40000220
    Question 8: Another customer wants to take 6 SAP Trainings from Magna Training – The first one in Jan, the second in Feb, the third in March etc. Create a scheduling agreement for the same

Not yet covered in the Class

Question 9: Delivery the schedule agreement you created in question 8

Not yet covered in the Class

42. Rajesh says:

Question 1 : You have got an RFI for SAP SD Training. Create an Inquiry in the system for SAP SD Training:

Inquiry: 10000020 created, used customer: 1000.

Quotation 20000065 created.

Order: 135085 created.

Question 4 : Delivery the order you just created in Question : 3

Delivery: 80016325 created.

As ware house management was active, created transfer order # 000005084.

Question 5 : Bill the order you just created

Billed. Billing document # 90038119

Created contract # 40000221.

Question 7 : Create a release order for the contract you created in question 6.

Could not create release order as the error msg: the reference is incomplete.

Regards,
    Rajesh

43. deepak says:

Hi Siva:

IN 10000026 created.
    QT 20000092 created.
    OR 14075 standard order is created.
    80016423 delivery has been saved,

When i tried to do a PGI i do see the below 2 error messages..

Delivery has not yet been put away/picked (completely)
    Delivery has not yet been completly proceessed by WM

For the 2nd err msg : i tried creating a transfer order LT03 but not able to find an ‘Warehouse number” …Kinldy advice!

44. deepak says:

IN 10000026 created.
    QT 20000092 created.
    OR 14075 standard order is created.
    80016423 delivery has been created.
    TO 0000005147 TO created for delivery 80016423
    90038197 billing created
    40000234 CONTRACT created ( quantity : 6) :Release order 14112 for 2 quantity is created.Release order 14113 was created for 3 quantity.

30000055 SCHEDULING AGREEMENT was created but need to incude the NET price which is missing.
    Not able to deliver WRT to scheduled agreement which doesn’t shows up the material.Kindly advice.

45. Raghava says:

Hi Siva,
    I am unable to deliver the order I have created. Getting an error – No schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date.

Inquiry Type: IN
    S. Org/Dist Chan/Div: 1000/10/00
    Sold-To-Party: 1400
    Ship-To-Party: 1400
    Inquiry#: 10000034
    Quotation#: 20000107
    14127 Order is created w.r.t QT – 20000107.
    Kindly advice.

Regards,
    Raghava

46. ravi says:

Siva,

Can you check the scheduling agreement 30000059 – I did it with delivery schedule
    and inout Forecast Del Sch with one unit per month. Is this right?

Thanks,
    Ravi

47. Mital Shah says:

Scenario – 1 : Assume your are a sales employee at Magna Training, handling customer requests for SAP Training. Some customer is looking for SAP SD Training. He want to first find out some good vendors out there in the market. He has sent out an RFI to Magna Training for SAP SD Training. Assume, Magna Training uses SAP to handle their customers. ( Use Customer 1400 and assume material M-01 is SAP SD Training ). Please list out the SAP Document #s as part of the answers
    Answer: Created Reference-10000079
    Question 2: The customer has responded to the RFI and requested a formal quotation for the same. Create a quotation. ( For help, visit How to create a a quotation in SAP )
    Answer: Created Quotation- 20000170 with reference to above ref-10000079
    Question 3: The customer liked Magna Training’s quote and wants to place an order for SAP SD Training. How to create a sales order in SAP ? Give the Order Number for the same that you have created.
    Answer: Created order-25606 with above quotation-20000170
    Question 4: Delivery the order you just created in Question: 3
    Answer: Created delivery-80016669
    Question 5: Bill the order you just created
    Answer: Created billing-90038388
    Answer: Created Contract-40000269
    Question 7: Create a release order for the contract you created in question 6
    Answer: Created release order-25607
    Question 8: Another customer wants to take 6 SAP Trainings from Magna Training – The first one in Jan, the second in Feb, and the third in March etc. Create a scheduling agreement for the same
    Answer: Created Schedule agreement – 30000060

• siva says:

The order is on Delivery Block – . Remember, this is NOT a credit block at the transaction level. This is a Customer master level delivery block. So, please do NOT go to VKM3 – Instead go to VD05 and release blocks at the master data level. I went to VD05 and seen that there is a block on the customer. (Picture below )
      You can just remove the block and the order will proceed further.